Latest

Small employers receive Budget boost with apprenticeship fees halved

Small employers receive Budget boost with apprenticeship fees halved

29/10/2018 - Posted in: General news

In future small businesses need only contribute 5% towards their apprentices training, Chancellor Philip Hammond announced yesterday.

Currently, non-levy paying employers pay 10%, with the government funding the remaining 90%. The new policy is likely to be implemented for new apprentice starts from April 2019, though this has still to be confirmed.

The change is not withstanding the additional incentives that exist for smaller employers taking on apprentices. For example, 16-18 year old’s working for an employer with less than 50 staff have all their apprenticeship training costs funded by government.

For specific advice on apprenticeship funding contact us

 

Photo credit Flickr

Categories